1. Abd el-Ghani, M. M. and Amer, W. M. 2003. Soil vegetation relationship in coastal desert plain of southern Sina, Egypt. Journal of Arid environment, 55: 607-628.
2. Belsky, A.J. and Canham, C.D. 1994. Forest gaps and isolated savanna trees, An application of patch dynamics in two ecosystems, Bioscience, 44: 77-84.
3. Franklin, J. 1995. Predictive Vegetation Mapping: Geographic Modeling of Bio spatial Patterns in Relation to Environmental Gradients, Progress in Physical Geography, 19(4), 474-499.
4. Guisan, A. and Zimmermann, N.E. 2000. Predictive habitat distribution models in ecology. Ecological Modeling, 135(2-3):147-186
5. Lavorel, S. and Garnier, E. 2002. Predicting changes in community composition and ecosystem functioning from plant traits: revisiting the Holy Grail. Ecology, 16, 545-556.
6. Lopez, R.P., Larrea-Alcazar, D. and Zenteno- Ruiz, F., 2010. Spatial pattern analysis of dominant species in the Prepuna: Gaining insight into community dynamics in the semi arid, subtropical Andes. Journal of Arid Environments, 74: 1534-1539.
7. Quevedo, D. and Frances, I. F. 2008. A conceptual dynamic vegetation – soil model for arid and semiarid zone. Journal of Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 12: 1175-1187.
8. Suding, N. and Goldstein, J. 2008. Using Functional Traits to Predict Ecosystem Change. Ecology, 180, 559-562.
9. Wilson, S. and Tilman, D. 2002. Quadratic variation in old-filed species richness along gradients of disturbance and nitrogen. Ecology, 83, 492-504.