1. Bajgain, R., Xiao, X., Wagle, P., Basara, J., Zhou, Y., 2015. Sensitivity analysis of vegetation indices to drought over two tallgrass prairie sites. Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 108: 151-160.
2. Barry, R.G. and Chorley, R.J., 1996. Atmosphere, weather and climate, Sixth edition, Routledge, 45.
3. Bodner, G.S., Robles, M.D., 2017. Enduring a decade of drought: Patterns and drivers of vegetation change in a semi-arid grassland. Journal of Arid Environments, 136: 1-14.
4. Corlett, R.T., 2016. The impacts of droughts in tropical forests. Trends in Plant Science, 21(7): 584-593.
5. Do Ó, A., 2005. Regional drought analysis and mitigation using the SPI. ICID 21st European Regional Conference, 15-19 May 2005-Frankfurt and Slubice - Germany and Poland, 1-9.
6. Freire-Gonzalez, J., Decker, C., Hall, J.W., 2017. The Economic Impacts of Droughts: A Framework for Analysis. Ecological Economics, 132: 196-204.
7. Gouveia, C.M., Trigo, R.M., Beguería, S., Vicente-Serrano, S.M., 2017. Drought impacts on vegetation activity in the Mediterranean region: An assessment using remote sensing data and multi-scale drought indicators. Global and Planetary Change, In Press.
8. Hinojosa-Huerta, O., Nagler, P.L., Carrillo-Guererro, Y.K., Glenn E.P., 2013. Reprint of: Effects of drought on birds and riparian vegetation in the Colorado River Delta, Mexico. Ecological Engineering, 59: 104-110.
9. Karizumi, N., 1979. Illustrations of tree roots. Seibundo Shinkosha, Tokyo, pp 1l-21.
10. Martinez-Vilalta, J., Lloret, Francisco., 2016. Drought-induced vegetation shifts in terrestrial ecosystems: The key role of regeneration dynamics. Global and Planetary Change, 144: 94-108.
11. McKee, T. B., Doesken, N. J., Kleist, J., 1993. The relationship of drought frequency and duration to time scales. Paper Presented at 8th Conference on Applied Climatology, American Meteorological Society, Anaheim, Canada.
12. McAuliffe, J.R., Hamerlynck, E.P., 2010. Perennial plant mortality in the Sonoran and Mojave deserts in response to severe, multi-year drought. Journal of Arid Environments, 74: 885–896.
13. Norman, S.P., Koch, F.H., Hargrove, W.W., 2016. Review of broad-scale drought monitoring of forests: Toward an integrated data mining approach. Forest Ecology and Management, 15: 346-358.
14. Sardans, J., Penuelas, J., Estiarte, M., 2008. Warming and drought change trace element bioaccumulation patterns in a Mediterranean shrub land. Chemosphere, 70: 874–885.
15. Schenk, H.J., Jackson, R.B., 2002. The global biogeography of roots. Ecological Monographs, 72(3). 311-328.
16. Sharma, T.C., 2000. drought parameters in relation to truncation levels Hydrol. Process, 14.
17. Siegal, Z., Karnieli, A., Tsoar, H., 2013. Effects of prolonged drought on the vegetation cover of sand dunes in the NW Negev Desert: Field survey, remote sensing and conceptual modeling. Aeolian Research, 9: 161-173.
18. Tehran Sahab Consulting Engineers. 1993. plan optimal utilization of Helmand. Report No. 28 Zahedan.
19. Wang, H.,Chen, A., and Wang, Q., and He, B., 2015. Drought dynamics and impacts on vegetation in China from 1982 to 2011. Ecological Engineering, 75: 303-307.
20. Westman, W.E., and Rogers, R.W., 1977. Biomass and structure of a subtropical Eucalypt forest, North Stradbroke Island. Aust J. Bot, 25:171-191.
21. Xu, H., Wang, X., and Zhang, X., 2016. Decreased vegetation growth in response to summer drought in Central Asia from 2000 to 2012. Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoformation, 52: 390-402.
22. Zohary, M., 1961. On the hydro-ecological relations of the near east desert vegetation. In: UNESCO (end) Arid zone research 16. UNESCO, Paris, pp 199-212.